Thursday, April 18, 2013

A little more than just hiking...

When I first started this blog, it was soley for the purpose of writing up my hiking trips up and posting a few pictures. But its come to my realization that I could use this forum for far more.

My hiking has always lent me plenty of time with which to explore my imagination, and a few years ago I decided it was due time to settle down and write a book. I had always written in the past, either in this blog, or even further ago, in short stories for friends. In those many years I had come to realize that I had many an interesting story in my mind and that most of my friends had always enjoyed them and had always asked for more.

This past December, 2012, I finally published by first book, a zombie novel called Deadfall Survivors, which can be found on your favorite ebook vendor. It actually contains many elements of my hiking adventures within it and is based in North Carolina. Its much more about survival than zombies, but zombies are always fun.

That being said, sales have been better than I expected and work is well under way for the next book in the series. Already, as has happened many times in the past, friends have asked if I can include them in the book in one form or another, a tradition I had employed in the past. They are always minor parts but its fun to involve your fans one way or another.

If you are a fan, and have enjoyed my first book, I am now opening up this oportunity to become a living (or dead) addition to the next book. Simply send me an email, either through here or to richard.flunker@gmail.com, telling me your name, a brief description, where youre from, and a favorite part from the first book, and Ill will certainly entertain the possibility of adding you into the book.

And dont worry, there are at least four books planned for this series.

Richard Flunker

http://www.amazon.com/Deadfall-Survivors-ebook/dp/B00ASHPYEW/


No comments: